Submissions open for Room 204 Writer Development Programme
Once a year, we open our doors to submissions from new and emerging writers to send us their prose, poetry, scripts or spoken word to be in with a chance to be part of the next Room 204 group.
Room 204 – our flagship year-long programme of career development for writers in the West Midlands – is open for submissions until 30 January 2020.
To date, over 120 writers have been through the scheme, and many have gone on to be published, produced or to appear at festivals.
Room 204 is Writing West Midlands’ writer development programme. Every year we select a small number of emerging writers from the West Midlands to work with us on a programme of creative writing career development.
This is your chance to secure mentoring and career development worth over £1,000!
The successful candidates will receive a year of support including:
- 1-1 meetings, 2 times a year, with experienced Writing West Midlands staff.
- A year’s membership to the Society of Authors
- Access to a “writer buddying” scheme.
- Group networking and career development sessions.
- Occasional workshops on particular themes such as pitching, fundraising, time management or digital writing.
- Tailored signposting and brokering via Writing West Midlands towards performance and development opportunities, potential collaborators, bursaries, courses and events that might benefit the individual writer.
- Access to a private information-sharing and support group on Facebook.
- A free place at the National Writers’ Conference on 20 June 2020, run by Writing West Midlands.
- Ongoing support as a member of Room 204 beyond the 1st year.
Room 204 is a varied and relaxed scheme that gives you the chance to be part of a writing community while not demanding a lot of your time – allowing you to get on with the actual business of writing.
Entering your work for Room 204 is FREE so you really have nothing to lose and no reason to delay.